What is a Cookie?
A Cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto your device when you visit a website. The next time you visit that website, your device checks to see if it has a cookie that is relevant and sends the information contained in that cookie back to that website.
Why do we use them?
- identify you as a returning visitor to our websites and remember your preferences, in order to give you a better, more personalized experience;
- identify errors with the websites and resolve them;
- to analyze how well our websites are performing
- remember items in your shopping cart;
- build a profile of your interests in order to show you relevant adverts for our products and services; and
- combine your web behavior data with personal data that you have previously provided to us.
Types of Cookies
The following is a list of the different types of cookies our websites use:
- First party cookies: This type of cookie is set by KeyPoint Learning and used for security services such as login and shopping carts, and additional functional services such as personal settings.
- Third-party cookies:This type of cookie is set by a domain other than the one you are visiting. This cookie typically is set when our websites incorporate elements from other sites, such as images, social media plugins or advertising. When the browser or other software retrieves these elements from the other sites, those sites can set cookies as well. KeyPoint Learning may use a third-party service to facilitate delivery of video to your browser; to support you in making comments or participating in discussions; or to help us make recommendations to you as you browse our website. KeyPoint Learning also allows additional third-party companies (such as social media companies) to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our websites.
- Strictly necessary cookies: This type of cookie is required for the operation of our websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites, use a shopping cart, or make use of online billing services.
- Analytical or Performance cookies: This type of cookie allows us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites when they are using the sites. This cookie helps us to improve the way our websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: This type of cookie is used to recognise you when you return to our websites. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies: This type of cookie may be set through our websites by our advertising partners. They may be used by such partners to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other websites. They may also be used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. These cookies do not store personal information directly but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device.
How do I manage my cookie preferences?
The privacy settings in your browser will enable you to customize your cookie settings, including deletion and disabling them. Typically, you will find the controls under the browser's ‘Options' or ‘Preferences' menu.
Changing your cookie settings, including deleting and disabling them, may mean that the functionality of our websites and your ability to use some of their features is affected. You will still be able visit our websites, but you may not be able to access all of their content and some of the functions may not operate correctly.